Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Canvas, Paints and Turpentine

The white stretched canvas with its almost invisible, but visible texture looks inviting.

I run my hands across the canvas and close my eyes. Close my eyes to see what is not yet there on the canvas; but will be there soon. In a couple of weeks.

I love the smell of oil paints, linseed oil and turpentine. The whole room smells heavenly. Armed with a couple of brushes, visions and thoughts, I’m lost in these intoxicating smells, thick textures and colors.

The canvas is half empty. Or is it half full?

The oil paint smell is lingering on my hands long after washing them. And I love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y dont u post some of ur paintings as well? Wud love to see them. I paint too but im not too fond of those smells! :)

Anonymous said...

I paint on fabric, glass, wooden boards, old furniture, papyrus or anything that I can lay my hands on which I think will look good after painting!!! And ofcourse bit of oil painting & tanjore painting too.
Check this - it might interest u -
http://hastobeme.blogspot.com/2006/04/special.html

Anonymous said...

aha...painter a neenga? Sorrynga. namakkum drawing kkum romba duram. aana yen friend paint panuvaan ada vechcha kaanu vaangaama paapaen. namakku teriyaadhadai inoorutan seyyaraana ada gavaneekanum illa???
Ivanga solra maadhiri paiting post panunga

Anonymous said...

Cool! I have very high regards for people with artistic capabilities (any which way) 'cause I singularly lack in them :D

I agree with has to be me. Why not put up a few paintings on the blog for us to see :-)